Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog

Day 07: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors In 2016

Happy December!! I'm late, I know. Welcome to Day 07 of my blog!! This year I've been given the opportunity to read lots of books, and because of this I've been on a reading spree. I've encountered many new authors who wrote amazing books, and I can't wait to share them with you! Are you ready? Let us begin.
#1 Sarah J Maas
Sarah J Maas easily became one of my favourite fantasy writers, with her compelling plots and lovable characters. I can't wait for her third installment in the Court of Thorns & Roses series!!
#2 Jojo Moyes

Me Before You is one of the most heartwarming and heartbreaking stories you'll ever read. Have tissues while reading this one.
#3 Laini Taylor
I thoroughly enjoyed Laini's Daughter of Smoke and Bone series, it was a very interesting read. Her writing is very poetic, beautiful to read.
#4 Diana Gabaldon 

This book had me (excuse my modern day slang) shook! It's a very interesting story, with very lovable characters!! Diana is an excellent storyteller, I can't wait to read her other books!
#5 Sophie Kinsella

Sophie Kinsella has a way with her words that just makes me smile and laugh. Her characters are hilarious and witty, and all-around lovable.
#6 Kiera Cass

Kiera's writing is very simple, but her writing is still very interesting to read.
#7 John Boyne

John Boyne is a brilliant writer, and I adored his book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Have tissues at the ready.
#8 Leigh Bardugo

I don't particularly hate Leigh's writing, but I don't love it either. I really loved her idea of Shadow and Bone, but I had some small issues with the story itself. All in all, I really do like the story and I would continue to read her books.
#9 Kendare Blake

Kendare Blake's writing  makes you laugh, while also being able to chill you to the bone. I found this horror book manageable (horror books aren't my forté), with her witty characters.
#10 Ally Condie 

I didn't enjoy her writing as much as I wanted too, but I'm willing to give her books another shot. The idea of Matched is very similar to The Giver, but different with Ally's spin to it.


2016 is coming to a close, and a new year is approaching! I can't wait to read and discover all the books the new year will bring me!! I hope you enjoyed my Top 10 Tuesday! What was on your list? Comment below!!

This post was inspired by The Broke and Bookish!! Check them out below!


xx

No comments