Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog

Day 09: Weekly Warble - NCT 1st Impression

Hey guys!! Welcome to day 09 of my blog!! I'm so excited to introduce a new segment on my blog called Weekly Warble where I talk about anything and everything! Where I talk about things that are in my mind, basically a Grace's Corner. This week it's going to be about my 1st impression of SM's new rookie group NCT! I've heard mixed opinions about them so, I'm excited to discover and learn about a new group! Are they going to be a Yay? or a Nay? Are you ready? Let us begin.
ABOUT NCT
I did some digging for this new group and this what I've discovered:

NCT also know as Neo Culture Technology is a South Korean boy group produced by SM Entertainment. NCT was a project created in SM, which is to produce a new boy group with their new culture content strategy. The plan is to have several units in this one group that would debut all over the world.The group's main concept in having an unlimited number of members in the group, that would be divided into sub-units and debut in different parts of the world. So far three units have debuted, NCT U, NCT 127 and NCT Dream, with the title songs 7th Sense, Without You, Firetruck and Chewing Gum.



From what I've gathered, this is something new SM is trying to produce. With this new strategy, I guess they are trying to expand and reach out to other parts of the world. By having small individual debuts in different countries they are able to gain more popularity and support from fans. I think it's a very interesting idea, and a good marketing idea as well. I don't know how I feel about the whole "unlimited members" thing. I personally think it'll be confusing for the fans and harder for them to get to know each member, but I'm finding it okay at the moment so I think it's working out?
MEMBERS
(Because some of the members appear more than once in a group, I'll only talk about them once)

NCT U





















In NCT U, the group consists of six members at the moment: Ten, Jaehyun, Doyoung, Taeyong, Taeil (Though I believe he only made an appearance in their track Without You), and Mark. It is NCT's core unit where the members may be rotated or replaced. Over their promotional week for their track The 7th Sense, I got to know the member a little through videos and through their show NCT Life.

Ten is very free spirited, he's the kind of guy that would laugh at his own jokes. He's super sweet and funny. He's a very talented dancer, it's memorizing to watch him move across the stage. He's the type of guy that would break the ice, by just saying hello.

Jaehyun is what he looks like, which is a very adorable puppy. He's super sweet and full of aygeo, you can't help but smile when he's on the screen or in his presence. He has a very strong "nice guy" kind of vibe, but also the kind that would really have your heart racing if he wanted too.

Doyoung has a very motherly complex to his personality. He's very organized and is a little OCD at times, but he's certainly not a square. He's very kind and loving to the members, and he has such a soothing voice when he sings.

Taeyong has a very cold and serious vibe around him, but he's actually super sweet and nice. He's very confident and you can tell from his stage presence, it's very noticeable. He's also a little of an attention hog, but in a good way. He acts all tough, but when he does aygeo (although it's very rare) it'll surely melt your hearts!

Mark is a very hard working guy. He's always trying to improve, and it's so motivating. He's so young (you guessed it he's the maknae) and I really do admire his courage. He's really funny and honestly a very genuine kind of guy. I think he's the most humble of them all!
I honestly really like this group, they're so diverse and their personalities really compliment each other. They're really funny together, and you can tell that they really support each another and have tons of fun as a group.

NCT 127
NCT 127 consist of 7 members at the moment: Haechan, WinWin, Jaehyun, Taeil, Taeyong, Yuta, and Mark. This sub-unit is based in Seoul, and promoting there as well. This units concept is all about that "Bad boy swag", and they pull the concept off very well. Their track Firetruck is "lit".

Haechan is young... and very talented. He's very irritable, kind of like a baby bear. To me, he's like the younger brother who's annoying (not in a bad way) but who you can't get enough of. From what I gathered he's quite the joker and prankster in the group

WinWin is a very cute and adorable person. He's like a very cute puppy, and you can't help but want to squeeze the heck out of him. He's also a Chinese member in the group, and his dance is beautiful to watch.

Taeil is I believe the oldest in the group. He definitely has a very mature and calm vibe. I think he's very gentle and soft spoken and honestly, he looks like someone who you can comfortably hang out with. I love his vocals, it's very soothing and strong.

Yuta is a Japanese member of the group, and he's so talented I feel ashamed of my lack of abilities. He makes me want to do better. He's become so fluent in Korean, I can't even tell he's Japanese! He's very playful and funny. He has a very similar stage presence as Taeyong, which is confident and cold, but in reality, he's very sweet and playful.

I really like NCT 127's concept and style so far. Their music is something where you can just bob head along with but still get hyped with. It's a weird but interesting combination.

NCT DREAM

NCT Dream is NCT's third unit. It consists of seven members: Jeno, Haechan, Chen Le, Mark, Jisung, Jamin, and Renjun. This groups age average is 15.6, and full of "youthfulness". Their concept is all about those "Sunshine and Rainbows". Due to lack of information that has been released to the public about this group, I don't have much to say about their personalities. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, I'm excited to see how they will grow!!

Debut
NCT U
I actually didn't like the song in the beginning, something about the sound just didn't sit well with me. The song is mostly rap and has a very chill vibe to it. After a few more listens I started liking it more, and when the performance video came out I kind of fell in love with them. I really love their style and performance skills, so I'm excited for their next comeback!!

NCT 127

 NCT 127 debut was a party jam. It had a very heavy modern day hip pop influence, and I like that. Again, this debut is mostly rap and I'm still fairly new to this genre ever since I got into Kpop. I don't think I ever added it to my playlist but I liked it enough so that I didn't skip the song when it played on Spotify. Their stage performance skills are on another level. They look great and I love their flow in their performances. I felt very "meh" about their debut but I'm still willing to see what else they will produce in the future.

NCT DREAM
This one... Ok I couldn't help but laugh during their MV. I don't think they appeal to me as much as the other sub units, and it's understandable because I'm not their target audience. I just couldn't take them seriously, but I don't doubt they have talent. They can all dance extremely well, and they have good performance skills. The song wasn't my taste, it was catchy but I did not listen to it on repeat.

Final Thoughts

 I like them, I'm excited for what they'll produce in the future!! I'm still warming up to them, I definitely can't pick a bias at the moment though I have a feeling I know who will be my bias ;) A Yay for NCT :)

I hope you enjoyed my review, and I hope you get the chance to check out NCT!! What are your thoughts about NCT? Who's your bias in this group?  I'll see everyone on Day 10 :)
xx

No comments