Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog

Day 11: Top Five Books I Wish Had More Xs & Os

Hey guys!! Welcome to Day 11 of Days of Grace!! It's finally February, the most romantic month to some people (unless you're people like me who spend their Valentines curled up in bed with chocolate and a good romance novel). Speaking of romance, have you guys ever encountered a book that lacked those lovey-dovey scenes that we all love? Although I can't say I have many, here are 5 novels I wish had more "heart fluttering scenes". Are you ready? Let us begin.

*Rated by how much I enjoyed the book* 
#5 Matched By Ally Condie
I was so excited to read this book after reading the description for this book, but boy was I let down. I was expecting a wild love story with epic rendezvous, but all I got was a dry relationship that didn't make my heart flutter once, also a watered down version of a cool plot. I was very disappointed.
#4 Paper Towns By John Green
Paper Towns was an enjoyable book to read. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and story, though I wish the story showcased more romantic scenes between the two love interests. I got quite bored of the whole suspense of finding Margo. I know the story didn't really have room for romantic scenes, but I would have preferred more hugs and kisses to make the story more enjoyable for me.
 #3 This Is What Happy Looks Like By Jennifer E Smith
Don't get me wrong, I love Jennifer E Smith. I love her cute and simple love stories, but this book just did not do it for me. The whole relationship was very dry in my opinion, and I just did not connect with their relationship at all. I was expecting a very cute love story that would pull on my heart strings, but this book didn't even make my heart skip a beat. You can say I was disappointed with this story.
#2 Remember Me By Sophie Kinsella 
I actually really enjoyed this story. I thought it was very cute, but far from what a romance lover needs. Yes, it did make my heart flutter and make me smile, but I wanted more relationship development. If felt like they would kiss in one scene but were complete strangers the next. (I know it might be because of the story) I just needed more relationship building to really connect with the two.
#1 Coldest Girl In Cold Town By Holly Black

The Coldest Girl In Cold Town is probably the best book I've read in 2017 so far. It had me hooked from the very beginning! Great story with a compelling plot and awesome characters. The only thing lacking that would have made it all that more enjoyable for me would be more romantic scenes between the two characters. I loved the chemistry between the main leads, it was so good and it really made my heart skip a beat but I just needed more. I wanted more hugs and kisses, more quiet moments between the two. Just more. Despite all that, I still loved this story very much and it did not take away from the romantic moments they did have.


And that's it! Honestly, I don't think I expect much from a romance novel. As long as the chemistry is good, the scenes are cute, the moments are adorable and makes your heart flutter, and of course makes you smile; that's when you know you've found the perfect romance novel. Not much to ask right? XD What do you look for in a good romance novel? Comment below!! I hope you enjoyed this week's Top Ten Tuesday and I'll see you guys on Day 12!!

This post was inspired by The Broke and The Bookish
(Check them out)

xx

No comments